The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Emaar Development PJSC (DU: EMAARDEV ), which rose 3.34% or 0.170 points to trade at 5.260 at the close. Marka Pjse (DU: MARKA ) added 3.06% or 0.02 points to end at 0.54 and Emaar Malls (DU: EMAA ) was up 2.82% or 0.060 points to 2.190 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Emaar Properties PJSC (DU: EMAR ), which lost 1.85% or 0.110 points to trade at 5.850 in late trade. Damac Properties Dubai Co PSC (DU: DAMAC ) declined 1.27% or 0.040 points to end at 3.120 and Drake & Scull International PJSC (DU: DSI ) shed 1.11% or 0.020 points to 1.780.
The top performers on the ADX General were National Marine Dredging PSC (AD: NMDC ) which rose 7.38% to 3.200, Ad Natl Energy (AD: TAQA ) which was up 2.78% to settle at 0.740 and Arkan Building Materials Co PJSC (AD: ARKN ) which gained 1.37% to close at 0.7400.
The worst performers were Rak Cement Co (AD: RKCC ) which was down 5.00% to 0.760 in late trade, Agthia Group (AD: AGTH ) which lost 4.26% to settle at 4.50 and International Holding Company PJSC (AD: IHC ) which was down 2.72% to 1.43 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 19 to 12 and 5 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 10 fell and 8 advanced, while 8 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for May delivery was unchanged 0.00% or 0.00 to $62.41 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in May rose 1.55% or 1.01 to hit $66.13 a barrel, while the April Gold Futures contract fell 0.27% or 3.60 to trade at $1314.20 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was unchanged 0.00% to 3.6730, while EUR/AED fell 0.12% to 4.5136.
The US Dollar Index Futures was unchanged 0.00% at 89.80.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.