United Arab Emirates shares higher at close of trade; DFM General up 1.59%
Investing.com – United Arab Emirates equities were higher at the close on Wednesday, as gains in the Real Estate & Construction , Finance & Investment and Consumer Staples sectors propelled shares higher.
At the close in Dubai, the DFM General rose 1.59% to hit a new 1-month high, while the ADX General index climbed 0.02%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Damac Properties Dubai Co PSC (DU: DAMAC ), which rose 10.72% or 0.370 points to trade at 3.820 at the close. National Cement Company P.S.C. (DU: NCC ) added 10.53% or 0.300 points to end at 3.150 and Arabtec Holding PJSC (DU: ARTC ) was up 3.51% or 0.120 points to 3.540 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Takaful House (DU: DTKF ), which lost 2.50% or 0.030 points to trade at 1.170 in late trade. Gulf Navigation Holding PJSC (DU: GNAV ) declined 2.11% or 0.030 points to end at 1.390 and Marka Pjse (DU: MARKA ) shed 1.39% or 0.01 points to 0.71.
The top performers on the ADX General were Waha Capital (AD: WAHA ) which rose 5.36% to 1.770, Eshraq Properties Co PJSC (AD: ESHR ) which was up 2.13% to settle at 0.9600 and Abu Dhabi National for Building Materials Co PJSC (AD: BILD ) which gained 1.92% to close at 0.530.
The worst performers were Finance House (AD: FH ) which was down 9.78% to 1.660 in late trade, Em Driving Co (AD: DRIV ) which lost 7.41% to settle at 7.50 and Ad Shipbldg Co (AD: ADSB ) which was down 6.33% to 2.220 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 25 to 12 and 1 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 12 fell and 9 advanced, while 4 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for August delivery was up 1.60% or 0.72 to $45.76 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in September rose 1.41% or 0.67 to hit $48.19 a barrel, while the August Gold Futures contract rose 0.21% or 2.52 to trade at $1217.22 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was unchanged 0.00% to 3.6730, while EUR/AED fell 0.04% to 4.2098.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.02% at 95.47.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or