The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Commercial Bank of Dubai P.S.C. (DU: CBD ), which rose 3.22% or 0.140 points to trade at 4.490 at the close. Drake & Scull International PJSC (DU: DSI ) added 1.98% or 0.008 points to end at 0.413 and DXB Entertainments (P.J.S.C.) (DU: DXBE ) was up 1.32% or 0.010 points to 0.766 in late trade.
Biggest losers included AJMAN BANK PJSC (DU: AJBNK ), which lost 3.20% or 0.040 points to trade at 1.210 in late trade. Dubai Financial Market PJSC (DU: DFM ) declined 2.48% or 0.030 points to end at 1.180 and SHUAA Capital PSC (DU: SHUA ) shed 2.16% or 0.030 points to 1.360.
The top performers on the ADX General were Rak Cmt & Cons (AD: RAKC ) which rose 12.77% to 1.060, Al Khazna Ins (AD: AKIC ) which was up 2.70% to settle at 0.380 and Agthia Group (AD: AGTH ) which gained 1.74% to close at 5.27.
The worst performers were Sharjah Cement AD (AD: SCID ) which was down 9.17% to 0.990 in late trade, Sharjah Islami (AD: SIB ) which lost 4.23% to settle at 1.360 and Ad Aviation (AD: ADAV ) which was down 3.70% to 2.600 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 17 to 17 and 2 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 10 fell and 9 advanced, while 9 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for September delivery was up 0.85% or 0.39 to $46.16 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in September rose 0.96% or 0.46 to hit $48.52 a barrel, while the August Gold Futures contract rose 0.16% or 2.04 to trade at $1256.94 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was up 0.01% to 3.6732, while EUR/AED fell 0.13% to 4.2784.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.01% at 93.77.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.