The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Dubai Islamic Bank (DU: DISB ), which rose 3.51% or 0.190 points to trade at 5.600 at the close. Emaar Properties PJSC (DU: EMAR ) added 2.94% or 0.170 points to end at 5.960 and Damac Properties Dubai Co PSC (DU: DAMAC ) was up 1.94% or 0.060 points to 3.160 in late trade.
Biggest losers included National Central Cooling Co. (DU: TABR ), which lost 5.17% or 0.090 points to trade at 1.650 in late trade. Deyaar Development PJSC (DU: DEYR ) declined 2.75% or 0.014 points to end at 0.496 and ARAMEX PJSC (DU: ARMX ) shed 2.55% or 0.110 points to 4.210.
The top performers on the ADX General were Union Insurance Co PSC (AD: UNIN ) which rose 15.00% to 1.38, Gulf Pharm Ind (AD: GPHI ) which was up 9.52% to settle at 2.300 and Aldar Properti (AD: ALDR ) which gained 4.65% to close at 2.250.
The worst performers were Eshraq Properties Co PJSC (AD: ESHR ) which was down 2.78% to 0.7000 in late trade, Arkan Building Materials Co PJSC (AD: ARKN ) which lost 2.67% to settle at 0.7300 and Sharjah Cement AD (AD: SCID ) which was down 1.82% to 1.080 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 23 to 10 and 7 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 15 rose and 9 declined, while 8 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for April delivery was up 0.51% or 0.31 to $61.27 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in May rose 0.40% or 0.26 to hit $65.15 a barrel, while the April Gold Futures contract fell 0.18% or 2.40 to trade at $1323.20 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was up 0.00% to 3.6732, while EUR/AED fell 0.09% to 4.5393.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.02% at 89.77.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.