The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Gulf General Investments Company (DU: GGIC ), which rose 12.55% or 0.032 points to trade at 0.287 at the close. Drake & Scull International PJSC (DU: DSI ) added 4.63% or 0.050 points to end at 1.130 and SHUAA Capital PSC (DU: SHUA ) was up 3.77% or 0.040 points to 1.100 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Arabtec Holding PJSC (DU: ARTC ), which lost 3.17% or 0.060 points to trade at 1.830 in late trade. ARAMEX PJSC (DU: ARMX ) declined 1.75% or 0.070 points to end at 3.920 and Dubai Financial Market PJSC (DU: DFM ) shed 1.55% or 0.015 points to 0.955.
The top performers on the ADX General were Arkan Building Materials Co PJSC (AD: ARKN ) which rose 11.67% to 0.6700, Rak Cement Co (AD: RKCC ) which was up 8.96% to settle at 0.730 and Rak Cmt & Cons (AD: RAKC ) which gained 8.70% to close at 1.000.
The worst performers were Abd Nat Takafu (AD: TKFL ) which was down 9.80% to 4.60 in late trade, Sharjah Cement AD (AD: SCID ) which lost 9.48% to settle at 1.050 and Al Khazna Ins (AD: AKIC ) which was down 8.00% to 0.230 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 26 to 8 and 2 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 14 rose and 11 declined, while 4 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for June delivery was up 1.97% or 1.35 to $69.78 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in July rose 1.82% or 1.34 to hit $74.96 a barrel, while the June Gold Futures contract rose 0.22% or 2.90 to trade at $1315.60 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was unchanged 0.00% to 3.6730, while EUR/AED fell 0.23% to 4.3944.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.15% at 92.42.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.