The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Emirates NBD PJSC (DU: ENBD ), which rose 1.98% or 0.200 points to trade at 10.300 at the close. National Central Cooling Co. (DU: TABR ) added 1.67% or 0.030 points to end at 1.830 and AJMAN BANK PJSC (DU: AJBNK ) was up 1.64% or 0.016 points to 0.989 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Takaful House (DU: DTKF ), which lost 2.73% or 0.022 points to trade at 0.783 in late trade. Drake & Scull International PJSC (DU: DSI ) declined 1.68% or 0.012 points to end at 0.703 and DXB Entertainments (P.J.S.C.) (DU: DXBE ) shed 1.46% or 0.005 points to 0.337.
The top performers on the ADX General were Ad Natl Energy (AD: TAQA ) which rose 4.17% to 1.250, Waha Capital (AD: WAHA ) which was up 2.29% to settle at 1.790 and Methaq (AD: METH ) which gained 1.27% to close at 0.800.
The worst performers were Eshraq Properties Co PJSC (AD: ESHR ) which was down 1.56% to 0.6300 in late trade, Ad Commercial (AD: ADCB ) which lost 0.70% to settle at 7.05 and Finance House (AD: FH ) which was unchanged 0.00% to 1.800 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 15 to 12 and 6 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 8 rose and 3 declined, while 12 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for September delivery was down 0.45% or 0.30 to $66.86 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in September fell 0.26% or 0.19 to hit $71.97 a barrel, while the August Gold Futures contract fell 0.30% or 3.70 to trade at $1223.60 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was up 0.01% to 3.6732, while EUR/AED fell 0.34% to 4.2690.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.33% at 95.04.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.