The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Arabtec Holding PJSC (DU: ARTC ), which rose 6.53% or 0.160 points to trade at 2.610 at the close. Amanat Holdings PJSC (DU: AMANT ) added 2.80% or 0.040 points to end at 1.470 and Damac Properties Dubai Co PSC (DU: DAMAC ) was up 2.11% or 0.070 points to 3.380 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Marka Pjse (DU: MARKA ), which lost 2.52% or 0.01 points to trade at 0.58 in late trade. Drake & Scull International PJSC (DU: DSI ) declined 2.13% or 0.050 points to end at 2.300 and Emaar Properties PJSC (DU: EMAR ) shed 1.48% or 0.110 points to 7.300.
The top performers on the ADX General were Arkan Building Materials Co PJSC (AD: ARKN ) which rose 12.86% to 0.7900, Rak Properties (AD: RPRO ) which was up 3.90% to settle at 0.800 and Eshraq Properties Co PJSC (AD: ESHR ) which gained 2.63% to close at 0.7800.
The worst performers were Agthia Group (AD: AGTH ) which was down 3.77% to 4.60 in late trade, Gulf Cement Co (AD: GCEM ) which lost 3.74% to settle at 1.0300 and Waha Capital (AD: WAHA ) which was down 1.52% to 1.940 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 24 to 9 and 7 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 13 rose and 8 declined, while 6 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for February delivery was down 0.73% or 0.45 to $61.56 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in March fell 0.51% or 0.35 to hit $67.72 a barrel, while the February Gold Futures contract fell 0.11% or 1.40 to trade at $1320.20 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was down 0.00% to 3.6730, while EUR/AED fell 0.31% to 4.4188.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.16% at 91.75.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.