Sept 27 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening 12 points lower at 7,499 on Thursday, according to financial bookmakers.
* SKY: Twenty-First Century Fox Inc FOXA.O agreed to sell its 39 percent stake in Sky PLC SKYB.L to Comcast Corp CMCSA.O , the companies said on Wednesday, a deal that completes the U.S. cable group's takeover and ends Rupert Murdoch's relationship with the UK-based satellite broadcaster. INDIVIOR: Indivior Plc INDV.L cut its expectations for revenue from injectable opioid addiction drug Sublocade on Wednesday and said it had "substantially underestimated" the delay in getting the drug to patients although it remained confident of its potential. HALFORDS: British bicycles-to-car parts retailer Halfords HFD.L has made an offer for struggling rival Evans Cycles, Sky News reported on Wednesday. RIO TINTO: Indonesia's Energy Ministry plans to hold a ceremony on Thursday to mark the finalisation of a complex $3.9 billion share purchase deal involving Freeport McMoRan FCX.N , Rio Tinto RIO.L and state miner Inalum, the ministry said in a document. OIL: Oil prices rose by 1 percent on Thursday as investors focused on the prospect of tighter markets due to U.S. sanctions against major crude exporter Iran, which are set to be implemented in November. GOLD: Gold prices held onto earlier losses on Wednesday as the U.S. dollar trimmed gains after the Federal Reserve raised U.S. interest rates as expected and forecast three more years of economic growth. EX-DIVS: Hargreaves Lansdown HRGV.L , Morrisons Supermarket MRW.L , Sumrfit Kappa Group SKG.L will trade without entitlement to their latest dividend pay-out on Thursday, trimming 0.83 points off the FTSE 100 according to Reuters calculations ID:nL8N1WA2OW
* The UK blue chip index closed 0.1 percent higher on Wednesday, as European markets edged higher ahead of a widely expected rate hike from the U.S. Federal Reserve later on Wednesday.
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: cpurl://apps.cp./cms/?pageId=livemarkets
* UK CORPORATE DIARY: Circassia Pharmaceuticals Plc
CIRCI.L HY 2018 Earnings Release Halma Plc
Q1 Trading Statement CMC (NS: CMC ) Markets
Q2 Pre-close Trading Statement RPC Group
Pre-close Trading Statement Saga Plc
SAGAG.L HY Results
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.