UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Sept 18
Sept 18 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening 37 points lower at 7,265 points on Tuesday, according to financial bookmakers.
* BP: BP Plc BP.L plans to shut the large crude distillation unit (CDU) this week at its 413,500 barrel per day (bpd) Whiting, Indiana, refinery to begin an overhaul, sources familiar with plant operations said on Monday. SKY: Twenty-First Century Fox FOXA.O said on Monday that its 14 pounds per share bid for Sky Plc SKYB.L will remain open for acceptances until October 6. UNILEVER: Unilever ULVR.L , UNc.AS shareholder Lindsell Train is likely to use at least some of its shares to vote against the company's planned move to the Netherlands, which will cost the consumer goods giant its spot in the benchmark FTSE 100 .FTSE index. HORIZON DISCOVERY GROUP: Activist hedge fund ValueAct Capital said it acquired about 7.5 million shares in Horizon Discovery Group HZDH.L from Woodford Investment Management. GOLD: Gold prices fell on Tuesday as investors sought safety in the U.S. dollar amid concerns of slowing global trade after the United States imposed a new round of tariffs on Chinese imports. OIL: Oil markets fell on Tuesday as the latest escalation in the Sino-U.S. trade war clouded the outlook for crude demand from the two countries, which are the world's top two oil consumers. The UK blue chip index closed closed down 0.03 percent at 7,302 points on Monday after a choppy session as investors waited for the next move in the trade dispute between China and the United States. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: cpurl://apps.cp./cms/?pageId=livemarkets
* UK CORPORATE DIARY:
Half Year 2018 Earnings Faroe Petroleum PLC
Half Year 2018 Earnings Judges Scientific PLC
Half Year 2018 Earnings Ocado (LON: OCDO ) Group PLC
Q3 2018 Trading Statement Smart Metering Systems PLC SMSS.L
Half Year 2018 Earnings Spire Healthcare Group PLC SPI.L
Half Year 2018 Earnings
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
PRESS/GB Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for:
* For Top News : http://topnews.reuters.com
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or