UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Nov 25
Nov 25 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening 24 points higher at 7,351 on Monday, according to financial bookmakers.
* BP/GLENCORE: Russian oil producer Surgutneftegaz SNGS.MM has sold four 740,000-barrel cargoes of ESPO blend crude ESPO-DUB for loading in the second half of January at lower premiums via two spot tenders last week, trade sources said. The buyers were likely BP BP.L , Glencore GLEN.L , and ChinaOil. BREXIT: Prime Minister Boris Johnson, facing a Dec. 12 election, promised 23.5 billion pounds ($30.15 billion) of "sensible" tax cuts and extra day-to-day spending which he sought to contrast with the opposition Labour Party's much more radical plans. WOODFORD: Market watchdogs in the European Union will launch coordinated checks next year on whether asset managers are flouting liquidity rules after the shuttered Woodford fund in Britain has raised questions, a top EU regulator said on Friday. Oil prices began the week on a brighter note, posting early gains as positive noises from Washington over the weekend rekindled optimism in global markets that the United States and China could soon sign a deal to end their bitter trade war. GOLD: Gold prices edged down to a one-week low after the United States and China expressed willingness to sign an initial trade deal by the year-end, lifting demand for riskier assets and boosting the dollar. The UK blue chip index .FTSE surged more than 1% on Friday after two days of selling, as investors turned cautiously optimistic about a Sino-U.S. trade deal and exporter stocks rose after the pound weakened on downbeat U.K. Purchasing Managers' Indexes (PMI) data. UK CORPORATE DIARY: Mobeus Income & Growth 2 VCT
HY Earnings Release Walker Crips Group
HY Earnings Release JPMorgan (NYSE: JPM ) Japanese Investment
FY Earnings Release Trust
Jpmorgan European Investment
JETi.L HY Earnings Release Trust
Templeton Emerging Markets
HY Earnings Release Investment Trust
NTBR.L HY Earnings Release Cake Box Holdings
CBOX.L HY Earnings Release D4t4 Solutions
D4T4.L HY Earnings Release Baring Emerging Europe
FY Earnings Release Edinburgh Investment Trust
EDIN.L HY Earnings Release Shearwater Group
SWGS.L HY Earnings Release Polar Capital Holdings
POLR.L HY Earnings Release European Investment Trust
EUTP.L FY Earnings Release Fidelity China Special
FCSS.L HY Earnings Release Situations
Daejan Holdings PLC
DJAN.L HY Earnings Release TR Property Investment Trust
HY Earnings Release
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or