Nov 20 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening 14 points lower at 7,310 on Wednesday, according to financial bookmakers.
* ASTON MARTIN: Aston Martin, which has seen its share price plunge this year as sales failed to meet expectations after a stock market flotation, launched its first sport utility vehicle on Wednesday, hoping for a turnaround in fortunes. VODAFONE: Vodafone VOD.L has secured a seven-year technology partnership with Ryanair RYA.I to handle services including online booking, passenger boarding and in-flight transactions for the Irish airline in Europe. IAG (LON: ICAG ): A former British Airways executive who oversaw the carrier's operations at New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport has been indicted for accepting bribes to help a ground handling company win contracts, New York's attorney general said on Tuesday. SHELL: Royal Dutch Shell Plc RDSa.L completed a planned seven-week multi-unit overhaul at its 340,000 barrel-per-day (bpd), joint-venture Deer Park, Texas, refinery on Monday, said sources familiar with plant operations on Tuesday. OIL: Oil prices were steady on Wednesday, after falling the past two days, as a surge in U.S. stockpiles reinforced concerns about lacklustre global economic growth amid the trade war between the United States and China, the world's two biggest oil consumers. GOLD: Gold inched up on Wednesday after U.S. President Donald Trump threatened to raise tariffs on Chinese imports if no deal is reached with Beijing and as the U.S. Senate passed a bill backing human rights in Hong Kong. The UK blue chip index closed up 0.2% and shed most of its earlier gains but still managed to close higher on Tuesday, as sentiment was supported by a surge in safety equipment maker Halma and hopes of more stimulus from economic powerhouse China. UK CORPORATE DIARY:
CRGT.L Half Year Earnings HICL Infrastructure PLC
HICL.L Half Year Earnings Sage Group PLC
Full Year Earnings United Utilities Group PLC
Half Year Earnings Mitchells & Butlers PLC
Full Year Earnings Nakama Group PLC
Half Year Earnings SSP Group PLC
SSPG.L Full Year Earnings Kingfisher PLC
Q3 2019 Trading Statement Babcock International Group
Half Year Earnings Inmarsat PLC
Q3 2019 Earnings U and I Group PLC
Half Year Earnings Direct Line Insurance Group
DLGD.L Q3 Trading Statement
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: LIVE/
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.