UK Stocks-Factors to watch on June 27
June 27 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening 6 points higher at 7,423 on Thursday, according to financial bookmakers.
* VODAFONE: Vodafone VOD.L is set to secure EU antitrust approval for its $22 billion bid for Liberty Global's LBTYA.O cable networks in Germany and central Europe after offering concessions in May, people familiar with the matter said on Wednesday. BP: BP BP.L is returning to the animal feed business a quarter of a century after exiting the sector. The oil and gas company said it is investing $30 million in Calysta Inc., which produces protein for fish, livestock and pet food. BRITISH ELECTIONS: Boris Johnson, the favourite to become British prime minister, said the chances of Britain leaving the European Union without a deal are "a million-to-one" even as he repeated his promise to leave the bloc without a deal by the end of October. G20: Russian President Vladimir Putin will meet outgoing British Prime Minister Theresa May at this week's G20 summit in Japan with a view to seeking improved relations between the countries, the Kremlin said on Wednesday. OIL: Oil fell on Thursday, erasing some of the previous session's strong gains, as traders await the G20 summit in Japan and a meeting of OPEC and other oil producers to decide on an extension of output cuts. GOLD: Gold prices were little changed on Thursday following a steep fall in the previous session, as investors waited on any Sino-U.S. trade developments later this week, while bulls rolled back hopes of big U.S. interest rate cuts. EX-DIVS: British American Tobacco BATS.L , British Land Co BLND.L , Burberry Group BRBY.L , Experian EXPN.L and JD Sports JD.L will trade without entitlement to their latest dividend pay-out on Thursday, trimming 6.18 points off the FTSE 100 according to Reuters calculations London's main index edged down 0.1% on Wednesday as investor anxiety after the U.S. Federal Reserve tampered expectations of interest rate cuts was compounded by Washington's ambiguous signals on trade negotiations with China. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: LIVE/
* UK CORPORATE DIARY:
Half Year Earnings Release Greene King
Full Year Earnings Release Liontrust Asset Management LIO.L
Full Year Earnings Release Hunting PLC
Pre-close Trading Statement Release Serco Group PLC
Pre-Close Trading Statement Release FastJet Plc
FJET.L Full Year Earnings Release
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or