July 30 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is expected to open 22 points higher at 7,709 on Tuesday, according to financial bookmakers.
* SPORTS DIRECT: Grant Thornton, the auditor of Sports Direct International SPD.L , has told UK regulators it intends to quit its role following concerns over the disclosure of a 674 million euro tax bill from Belgian authorities, the Financial Times reported on Monday. WOODFORD: Under-fire British asset manager Neil Woodford was hit by a double blow on Monday as his flagship fund looked set to remain frozen until early December and he faced being sacked from managing his namesake listed investment trust. BREXIT: Sterling tumbled to a 28-month low on Monday as Prime Minister Boris Johnson said the Brexit divorce was dead and warned that unless the European Union renegotiated, Britain would leave on Oct. 31 without a deal. OIL: Oil prices rose for a fourth day on Tuesday on optimism the U.S. Federal Reserve will this week cut interest rates for the first time in more than ten years, which should support economic and fuel demand growth in the world's biggest oil user. GOLD: Gold prices edged down on Tuesday as the dollar held firm near two-month highs, while investors awaited the outcome of a two-day U.S. Federal Reserve policy meeting expected to result in a cut in interest rates. Britain's FTSE 100 surged to its highest in nearly a year on Monday, as shares of Just Eat and London Stock Exchange rallied on deal-related news, while exporter stocks benefited from a weaker pound amid heightened 'no-deal' Brexit fears. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: LIVE/
* UK CORPORATE DIARY:
Jupiter Fund Management
Half Year 2019 Earnings Release Aggreko
Half Year 2019 Earnings Release Elementis
Half Year 2019 Earnings Release Greggs
Half Year 2019 Earnings Release Games Workshop Group
Full Year 2019 Earnings Release NWF Group
Full Year 2019 Earnings Release CYBG
Q3 2019 Trading Statement Release BP
Q2 2019 Earnings Release Centrica
Half Year 2019 Earnings Release Reckitt Benckiser
Half Year 2019 Earnings Release Spectris
Half Year 2019 Earnings Release Provident Financial
Half Year 2019 Earnings Release Weir Group
Half Year 2019 Earnings Release
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.