July 26 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening 6 points higher at 7,664 on Thursday, according to financial bookmakers.
* GSK: A U.S. Food and Drug Administration expert panel on Wednesday did not support approval of GlaxoSmithKline Plc's GSK.L drug Nucala in treating a disease that limits airflow to the lungs. ANGLO AMERICAN: Peru's President Martin Vizcarra will announce the start of Anglo American 's AAL.L copper project Quellaveco on Thursday, Vizcarra's office said in a statement. JOHN MENZIES: John Menzies MNZS.L is set to announce the sale of its newspaper distribution arm to private equity investor Endless for about 70 million pounds ($92.4 million), Sky News reported on Wednesday. GOLD: Gold prices held steady on Thursday as the dollar eased after U.S. President Donald Trump and European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker agreed to work towards eliminating trade barriers, easing immediate concerns about global trade tensions. OIL: Brent crude led oil prices higher, extending gains into a third day after Saudi Arabia suspended crude shipments through a strategic Red Sea shipping lane and as data showed U.S. inventories fell to a 3-1/2 year low. EX-DIVS: Royal Mail RMG.L and SSE Plc SSE.L will trade without entitlement to their latest dividend pay-out on Thursday, trimming 3.18 points off the FTSE 100 according to Reuters calculations. The UK blue chip FTSE 100 .FTSE index fell 0.7 percent and closed at 7,658.26 points on Wednesday, as mining stocks lost ground, with earnings in focus as ITV (LON: ITV ) and Informa issued updates. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: cpurl://apps.cp./cms/?pageId=livemarkets
* UK CORPORATE DIARY:
Q2 2018 Earnings Release Virgin Money Holdings (UK)
Half Year 2018 Earnings Release Morgan Advanced Materials
MGAMM.L Half Year 2018 Earnings Release EVRAZ plc
Q2 2018 Production Results Relx PLC
Half Year 2018 Earnings Release Johnson Matthey PLC
Q1 2019 Trading Statement Release Schroders PLC
Half Year 2018 Earnings Release National Express Group PLC
Half Year 2018 Earnings Release Bodycote PLC
Half Year 2018 Earnings Release Inchcape PLC
Half Year 2018 Earnings Release Howden Joinery Group PLC
Half Year 2018 Earnings Release Countrywide PLC
Half Year 2018 Earnings Release PayPoint plc
Q1 2018 Trading Statement Release CMC (NS: CMC ) Markets PLC
Q1 2019 Trading Update Diageo PLC
Full Year 2018 Earnings Release AstraZeneca PLC
Q2 2018 Earnings Release Smith & Nephew PLC
Q2 2018 Earnings Release British American Tobacco
Half Year 2018 Earnings Release Sky PLC
Q4 2018 Earnings Release Anglo American PLC
Half Year 2018 Earnings Release Compass Group PLC
Q3 2018 Trading Statement Release Daily Mail and General Trust DMGOa.L Q3 2018 Trading Statement Release Jardine Lloyd Thompson
Half Year 2018 Earnings Release SEGRO PLC
Half Year 2018 Earnings Release Intermediate Capital
Trading Statement Release Kaz Minerals PLC
Q2 2018 Production Report Lancashire Holdings Ltd
Q2 2018 Earnings Release Intu Properties PLC
INTUP.L Half Year 2018 Earnings Release Polymetal International PLC
POLYP.L Q2 2018 Production Results Release Vesuvius PLC
Half Year 2018 Earnings Release Robert Walters
Half Year 2018 Earnings Release
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
($1 = 0.7577 pounds)
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.