UK Stocks-Factors to watch on July 23
July 23 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening 38 points lower at 7,641 on Monday, according to financial bookmakers.
* BHP: Global miner BHP BHP.AX BLT.L said on Monday it has been served with a class action proceeding in the Federal Court of Australia regarding the 2015 Samarco dam failure in Brazil. GSK: GlaxoSmithKline Plc GSK.L is considering a break-up of the group after investors pressed the company's board to spin off its consumer division, the Financial Times reported on Friday. RYANAIR: Ryanair RYA.I on Monday warned that average fares would be lower than expected during its key summer period due to high competition, unusually hot weather in Northern Europe and uncertainty caused by a series of strikes. AIRBUS-BAE SYSTEMS: The chief executive of Airbus AIR.PA said he was open to a merger of his firm's jet fighter business with that of BAE Systems BAES.L , the Sunday Times reported. WPP: Chinese conglomerates Alibaba (NYSE: BABA ) BABA.N and Tencent 0700.HK are involved in talks to buy a minority stake in advertising giant WPP's WPP.L Chinese unit, Sky News reported on Saturday, citing unidentified sources. IWG: London-listed serviced office provider IWG IWG.L has given three of its four suitors more time to make firm offers or walk away from bids for the company, the firm said on Saturday. GOLD: Gold prices were steady on Monday near their highest since July 17 as the dollar eased to its lowest in nearly two weeks after U.S. President Donald Trump criticised the Federal Reserve's interest rate tightening policy. OIL: Oil prices fell on Monday because of increasing concerns about fuel demand after finance ministers and central bank governors from the G20 warned that global economic growth risks have increased amid rising trade and geopolitical tensions. The UK blue chip FTSE 100 .FTSE index ended down 0.07 percent at 7,678.79 points on Friday, slightly outperforming a broadly negative European market, as global trade uncertainty and political troubles closer to home spurred demand for defensive stocks and earnings filtered through. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: cpurl://apps.cp./cms/?pageId=livemarkets
* UK CORPORATE DIARY:
Q3 2018 Trading Statement Release Petra Diamonds
2018 Trading Update
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or