Feb 2 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening 9 point lower at 7,481.7 on Friday, according to financial bookmakers.
* ASTRAZENECA: Array BioPharma Inc ARRY.O on Thursday sued AstraZeneca AZN.L , accusing the pharmaceutical company of refusing to pay required royalties for a cancer drug after entering into an $8.5 billion collaboration with Merck (NS: MERK ) & Co MRK.N . PROVIDENT FINANCIAL: British lender Provident Financial Plc PFG.L will appoint its interim executive chairman, Malcolm Le May, as the company's new chief executive, Sky News reported on Thursday. IWG: Canadian private equity firm Onex Corp ONEX.TO and Brookfield Asset Management BAMa.TO said on Thursday they do not intend to make an offer for IWG Plc IWG.L , sending shares of the British serviced office provider down more than 20 percent. BRITAIN INTEREST RATE: After waiting for over 10 years for a Bank of England (BoE) interest rate increase, investors are increasingly expecting another one to come along soon. OIL: Oil rose for a third day on Friday after a survey showed strong compliance with output cuts by OPEC and others including Russia, offsetting concerns about surging U.S. production. GOLD: Gold prices edged down on Friday ahead of U.S. jobs data later in the day, with traders looking for any implications for the outlook for U.S. monetary policy over the rest of the year. The UK blue chip index fell 0.6 percent to a six-week low on Thursday, after Vodafone (LON: VOD ) posted a disappointing trading update and dragged British shares into a third day of losses as outsourcing firms failed to recover after Capita's profit warning during the previous session. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: cpurl://apps.cp./cms/?pageId=livemarkets
* UK CORPORATE DIARY:
Full Year BT Group PLC
Q3 Vedanta Resources PLC
Q3 Gem Diamonds Ltd
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
PRESS/GB Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for:
* 3000 Xtra
: visit http://topnews.session.rservices.com
* For Top News : http://topnews.reuters.com
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.