Aug 7 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening up 6 points at 7,670 on Tuesday, according to financial bookmakers.
* BHP: Miner BHP BLT.L said on Monday it had formally requested a period of government mediation with the union at its Escondida copper mine in Chile, the world's largest, hours before the union threatened to begin a walk-off. MONDI: Mondi Plc MNDI.L acquired a controlling stake in Egypt's Suez Bags SBAG.CA for 26.01 Egyptian pounds per share ($1.46), which implies an equity value of 13.6 million euros. FEVERTREE: The founders of Fevertree Drinks Plc FEVR.L Charles Rolls and Tim Warrillow looks to sell around 2 million shares in the mixer maker, leaving them with stakes of 8 percent and 4.7 percent respectively. The UK blue chip index closed 0.1 percent higher at 7,663.78 points on Monday, as energy stocks tracked rising oil prices, while HSBC fell after its earnings update failed to impress. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: cpurl://apps.cp./cms/?pageId=livemarkets
* UK CORPORATE DIARY:
TP ICAP (LON: NXGN )
Domino's Pizza Group
HY Earnings InterContinental Hotels Group
Standard Life Aberdeen
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
PRESS/GB Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for:
* 3000 Xtra
: visit http://topnews.session.rservices.com
* For Top News : http://topnews.reuters.com ($1 = 17.8300 Egyptian pounds)
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.