Aug 15 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is expected to open 52 points lower at 7,096 on Thursday, according to financial bookmakers.
* RYANAIR: Ryanair's RYA.I directly employed pilots in Ireland will strike for 48 hours next week, the Irish pilots' union Forsa/IALPA said on Wednesday, after mediated talks failed to bring an agreement with the company over the union's pay proposals. SPORTS DIRECT: Sports Direct SPD.L has followed up a statement announcing the departure of its auditor Grant Thornton with another saying its board was comfortable with its latest accounts. BARCLAYS: Barclays BARC.L is no longer providing banking services to major cryptocurrency exchange Coinbase, sources familiar with the matter told Reuters, ending a relationship that started in March last year as the exchange expanded in Europe. OIL: Oil prices fell on Thursday, adding to sharp overnight losses as U.S. crude inventories unexpectedly rose, fears of recession mounted and economic data out of China and Europe disappointed. GOLD: Gold prices rose on Thursday, as investors flocked to safer havens after an inverted U.S. bond yield curve pointed to new recession fears following poor economic data from Germany and China. EX-DIVS: Anglo American AAL.L , Ashtead AHT.L , Aviva AV.L , Evraz EVRE.L , HSBC HSBA.L , Legal & General LGEN.L , Mondi MNDI.L , Phoenix PHNX.L , Pearson PSON.L , RBS RBS.L , Shell RDSa.L , Segro SGRO.L and Standard Life SLA.L will trade without entitlement to its latest dividend pay-out on Thursday, trimming 29.9 points off the FTSE 100 according to Reuters calculations. Britain's FTSE 100 tumbled to its lowest in more than two months on Wednesday after the yields on 10-year U.S. and UK government bonds fell below two-year equivalents for the first time since the financial crisis, signalling mounting fears of recession. UK CORPORATE DIARY:
Half Year Earnings Release Kaz Minerals PLC
Half Year Earnings Release Georgia Capital PLC
Half Year Earnings Release GVC
Half Year Earnings Release GEM Diamonds
Trading Update Release Statement
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: LIVE/
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.