Aug 10 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening down 45 points on Thursday, according to financial spreadbetters.
* BP: Australia's antitrust regulator said on Thursday it was concerned BP Plc's BP.L plan to buy the petrol stations of grocery giant Woolworths Ltd WOW.AX would hurt competition, a sign it may block the A$1.8 billion ($1.4 billion) deal.
* SKY: Hedge fund manager Crispin Odey has said he is considering withdrawing his support for Twenty-First Century Fox's FOXA.O attempt to take over Sky SKYB.L , saying he believes the 11.7 billion pound ($15.20 billion) deal undervalues the British broadcaster. SSE: British energy utility SSE SSE.L has hedged 1.2 billion pounds ($1.56 billion) of longevity risk in two of its defined benefit pension schemes, adviser Hymans Robertson said on Thursday. BHP: The rise of electric vehicles is driving the world's biggest mining house, BHP BHP.AX , BLT.L to switch gears and invest heavily in its long-suffering nickel business. PENSION INSURANCE CORP: Specialist annuity provider Pension Insurance Corp (PIC) is interested in buying books of UK annuity policies which are closed to new customers, its head of strategic development David Collinson told Reuters on Wednesday. WORLDPAY: U.S. credit card processing company Vantiv VNTV.N secured a deal to buy British-based rival Worldpay WPG.L for 8 billion pounds ($10.4 billion) on Wednesday in a bid to create a $29 billion global payments powerhouse. EX-DIVS: Anglo American AAL.L , AstraZeneca AZN.L , Barclays BARC.L , BP BP.L , BT Group BT.L , Diageo DGE.L , Direct Line DLGD.L , Fresnillo FRES.L , GKN Plc GKN.L , GlaxoSmithKline GSK.L , Informa INF.L , Lloyds Banking Group LLOY.L , Royal Dutch Shell A RDSa.L , Royal Dutch Shell B RDSb.L , Rio Tinto RIO.L and Rentokil Initial RTO.L will trade without entitlement to their latest dividend pay-out on Thursday, trimming 41.30 points off the FTSE 100 according to Reuters calculations ID:nL5N1KT1XO
* Britain's blue chip FTSE 100 .FTSE index ended the session down 0.6 percent at 7,498.06, broadly in line with a negative European market. Britain's top share index was shaken from its summer lull on Wednesday as geopolitical tensions hit equity markets globally, sending investors into safe-havens such as gold mining stocks, while an earnings update weighed on shares in G4S (CO: G4S ). For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: cpurl://apps.cp./cms/?pageId=livemarkets
* UK CORPORATE DIARY:
Half Year 2017 EVRAZ plc Earnings
Release Tritax Big Box REIT PLC BBOXT.L
Half Year 2017 Tritax Big Box REIT PLC
Earnings Release Capital & Regional PLC
Half Year 2017 Capital & Regional PLC
Earnings Release Vitec Group PLC
Half Year 2017 Vitec Group PLC
Earnings Release Hill & Smith Holdings
Half Year 2017 Hill & Smith Holdings PLC
PLC Earnings Release Cineworld Group PLC
Half Year 2017 Cineworld Group PLC
Earnings Release Card Factory PLC
Q2 2017 Card Factory PLC Trading
Statement Release Amec Foster Wheeler PLC AMFW.L
Half Year 2017 Amec Foster Wheeler PLC
Earnings Release Pagegroup PLC
Half Year 2017 Pagegroup PLC Earnings
Release Derwent London PLC
Half Year 2017 Derwent London PLC
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
PRESS/GB Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for:
* 3000 Xtra
: visit http://topnews.session.rservices.com
* For Top News : http://topnews.reuters.com
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.