April 11 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening down 23 points at 7,399 on Thursday, according to financial bookmakers.
* INDIVIOR: British drugmaker Indivior Plc INDV.L lost nearly three-quarters of its share value on Wednesday and former parent Reckitt Benckiser RB.L also fell following U.S. criminal charges accusing Indivior of illegally increasing prescriptions for its opioid addiction treatment Suboxone. SHELL: Royal Dutch Shell Plc's RDSa.L Norco, Louisiana, chemical plant on Wednesday began restarting an olefins unit shut as part of the overhaul of the gasoline-producing unit at the company's adjoining refinery, said sources familiar with plant operations. G4S (CO: G4S ): Canada's Garda World Security said on Wednesday it was considering a cash offer for some or all of G4S GFS.L , sending shares in the world's largest listed security company up almost a third for their biggest daily gain in nearly two decades. CITY OF LONDON: Britain's massive financial services sector won't get special access to the European Union after Brexit, City of London financial district chief Catherine McGuinness said on Wednesday. VIRGIN ATLANTIC: After reporting a loss for two straight years Virgin Atlantic is targeting a return to profitability in 2021, helped in part by the launch of new routes and its acquisition of British regional airline Flybe. OIL: Oil prices fell on Thursday, pressured as U.S. crude stockpiles surged to their highest levels in almost 17 months amid record production and as economic concerns cast doubt over growth in demand for fuel. GOLD: Gold edged lower on Thursday, but was trading close to a two-week peak scaled in the last session as dovish U.S. and European central banks fanned concerns on economic slowdown and kept global bond yields and the dollar under pressure. EX-DIVS: Aviva Plc AV.L , Barratt Development BDEV.L , Croda International CRDA.L , ITV ITV.L , Mondi MNDI.L , Paddy Power Betfair PPB.I , Rentokil Initial RTO.L , Smurfit Kappa SKG.I , Standard Life Aberdeen SLA.L will trade without entitlement to their latest dividend pay-out on Thursday, trimming 7.97 points off the FTSE 100 according to Reuters calculations ID:nL1N21Q04Q
* The UK blue chip index closed 0.1 percent lower on Wednesday as investors remained cautious in light of a new U.S.-EU trade tussle and a Brexit summit, while a U.S. indictment wiped out two-thirds of drugmaker Indivior's value and dragged down its former parent Reckitt Benckiser. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: LIVE/
* UK CORPORATE DIARY:
Full Year 2018 Earnings Release Pacific Assets Trust PLC PACA.L
Full Year 2019 Earnings Release Man Group PLC
Q1 2019 Trading Statement Release WH Smith PLC
Half Year 2019 Earnings Release
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.