LONDON, Nov 25 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening 19 to 22 points higher, or up 0.4 percent on Wednesday, according to financial bookmakers.
The UK blue chip index closed down 0.5 percent at 6,277.23 points on Monday.
British finance minister George Osborne will renew his push to fix the country's public finances on Wednesday, taking a gamble that voters can accept four more years of deep spending cuts.
British finance minister George Osborne will announce increased spending on housing on Wednesday, saying the government will support private developers and local authorities to encourage the construction of around 400,000 new homes.
ROYAL DUTCH SHELL RDSa.L - The Ontario government on Tuesday ordered Shell Canada, a wholly owned subsidiary of Royal Dutch Shell, to pay C$825,000 ($620,487.36) in fines for discharging a contaminating odour from its Sarnia refinery in 2013.
OIL PRICES OR - Crude oil futures extended gains on Wednesday after prices hit two-week highs in the previous session as tension mounted in the Middle East following Turkey's downing of a Russian warplane.
METALS PRICES MET/L - Nickel jumped as much as 6 percent in Shanghai on Wednesday, leading a rebound in Chinese base metals as they tracked the rally overnight in London after a selloff that pulled prices to multi-year lows.
* UK CORPORATE DIARY:
Half Year 2015 United Utilities Group PLC
Group PLC Earnings Release Findel PLC
Half Year 2015 Findel PLC
Earnings Release TR Property
Half Year 2015 TR Property Investment Trust PLC
Investment Trust PLC Earnings
Release Britvic PLC
Full Year 2015 Britvic PLC
Earnings Release RPC Group PLC
Half Year 2015/16 RPC Group PLC
Earnings Release Betfair Group PLC
Half Year 2016 Betfair Group PLC
Earnings Release Daily Mail and
DMGOa.L Full Year 2015 Daily Mail and General Trust PLC
General Trust PLC Earnings
Release Hogg Robinson Group
Interim 2016 Hogg Robinson Group PLC
PLC Earnings Release Thomas Cook (NS: THOM ) Group
Full Year 2015 Thomas Cook Group PLC
plc Earnings Release
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
PRESS/GB Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for:
* 3000 Xtra
: visit http://topnews.session.rservices.com
* BridgeStation: view story .134 For more information on Top News visit http://topnews.reuters.com
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.