LONDON, Sept 8 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening about 4 points higher, or up 0.1 percent, on Tuesday, according to financial bookmakers. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on ID:nL5N11E0A1
* Futures for the index FFIc1 were up 0.3 percent by 0644 GMT.
* The UK blue chip index closed 0.5 percent higher at 6,074.52 points in the previous session.
* BETFAIR BETF.L , PADDY POWER PLSA.I - Betfair and Irish rival Paddy Power have agreed on a 5 billion pound ($7.7 billion) merger in a bid to secure leadership of Britain's highly competitive online gambling market. ID:nFWN11E00E
* AMLIN AML.L - MS&AD Insurance Group Holdings Inc 8725.T said it is in talks to buy UK rival Amlin , the fourth multi-billion deal in as many months by Japanese insurers aggressively expanding overseas. ID:nL4N11D39Q
* RSA INSURANCE GROUP RSA.L - The company said it would sell its Latin American operations to the insurance arm of Colombia's GrupoSura SIS.CN for about 403 million pounds ($617 million) in cash. ID:nL4N11E29Q
* British retail spending stagnated last month as mixed weather and the later-than-usual date of a public holiday dampened sales of furniture and school clothing and equipment. ID:nU8N0XO00G
* British Prime Minister David Cameron suffered an embarrassing defeat in parliament on Monday after Eurosceptic members of his Conservatives joined forces with opposition lawmakers to reject proposed rules for a European Union membership referendum. ID:nL5N11D3GD
* ASHMORE GROUP ASHM.L - The company reported a rise in profit and revenue even as its assets under management (AuM) fell to $58.9 billion at the end of June, from $75 billion a year ago. ID:nFWN11C025
* REDROW RDW.L - British housebuilder Redrow exceeded expectations on Tuesday as it posted a 53 percent rise in full-year pretax profit, spurred on by the government's "help to buy" scheme designed to help younger and first-time buyers purchase a property. ID:nASN0009X1
* HIKMA PHARMACEUTICAL HIK.L - The drugmaker said it would buy nearly the entire share capital of EIMC United Pharmaceuticals, a drugmaker specialising in oncology products, from a consortium of shareholders to strengthen its position in the Egyptian market. ID:nL4N11E2GZ
* PUNCH TAVERNS PLC PUB.L - The company said it would sell its 50 percent stake in UK-based drinks wholesaler Matthew Clark to Conviviality Brands for 100.7 million pounds ($154.50 million) in cash. ID:nL4N11E2HD
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
PRESS/GB Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for:
* 3000 Xtra
: visit http://topnews.session.rservices.com
* BridgeStation: view story .134 For more information on Top News visit http://topnews.reuters.com
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.