May 3 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening 13 points lower on Wednesday, according to financial bookmakers.
* BARCLAYS: Barclays BARC.L Chief Executive Jes Staley is involved in a dispute with private equity firm KKR & Co KKR.N, which is a client of the bank, the Wall Street Journal reported on Tuesday. EVRAZ: Evraz Plc EVRE.L , Russia's No. 2 steelmaker, signed an agreement with Kinder Morgan Inc (NYSE: KMI ) KMI.N to supply about 250,000 metric tons of pipe to the U.S. pipeline company for the expansion of the Trans Mountain pipeline. ITV: Broadcaster ITV ITV.L bought a majority stake in World Productions, the company behind the popular BBC series Line of Duty, for an undisclosed sum, The Times reported on Wednesday. OIL: Crude oil prices bounced back on Wednesday as a decline in U.S. inventories underpinned the market, although a dip in compliance with OPEC efforts to reduce output capped gains. COPPER: London copper dropped on Wednesday from a three-week high hit the session before as prices consolidated after failing to break technical resistance and given a lack of other drivers, traders said. GOLD: Gold prices fell to a three-week low on Tuesday, as demand for riskier assets drove stocks higher and the dollar hit a six-week peak against the yen. The UK blue chip index closed up 0.6 percent at 7,250.05 points on Tuesday, with well-received results from heavyweight BP BP.L helping to underpin gains in a positive start to the first trading day of the month. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: cpurl://apps.cp./cms/?pageId=livemarkets
* UK CORPORATE DIARY:
J D Wetherspoon Plc
Q3 2017 Trading Statement Release Focusrite Plc
Half Year 2017 Earnings Release Sage Group Plc
Half Year 2017 Earnings Release Carillion Plc
Q1 2017 Trading Statement Release Imperial Brands Plc
Half Year 2017 Earnings Release J Sainsbury (OTC: JSAIY ) PLC
Full Year 2016/17 Earnings Release International Personal
Q1 2017 Trading Update Release Finance PLC
Intu Properties Plc
INTUP.L Q1 2017 AGM Trading Statement Release Direct Line Insurance Group
Q1 2017 Trading Update Plc
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
PRESS/GB Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for:
* 3000 Xtra
: visit http://topnews.session.rservices.com
* For Top News : http://topnews.reuters.com
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.