May 25 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening up 53 points, or 0.9 percent higher on Wednesday, according to financial bookmakers. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on The UK blue chip index closed up 82.83 points, or 1.4 percent higher on Tuesday at 6,219.26 points, bolstered by a rally in banking stocks and a well-received trading statement from Kingfisher KGF.L . AB INBEV/SABMILLER: The world's largest brewer, Anheuser-Busch InBev ABI.BR , gained EU antitrust approval on Tuesday for its $100 billion-plus acquisition of SABMiller SAB.L on condition it sell almost the whole of SABMiller's beer business in Europe. SHANKS/VAN GANSEWINKEL: Britain's Shanks Group Plc SKS.L is considering a bid for Van Gansewinkel Groep BV, Benelux's largest waste management company, for an undisclosed sum, the companies said. HSBC: HSBC Holdings HSBA.L will issue $2 billion of bonds that would convert into shares if the bank's capital strength falls below a certain level, it said on Wednesday. BREXIT: Britons are evenly split on whether the country should remain or leave the European Union, a YouGov poll showed on Wednesday, as the In campaign struggles with poor voter support for its leader, Prime Minister David Cameron. COPPER: London copper rose on Wednesday for the second straight session, buoyed by brightening economic signals in the United States that forced shorts to cover, and showing near-term resilience to a persistently strong dollar. OIL: Oil futures pushed closer to $50 a barrel on Wednesday, with U.S. crude hitting its highest in over seven months after industry data suggested a larger-than-expected drawdown in U.S. crude inventories last week. O/R
* UK CORPORATE DIARY:
Marks and Spencer Group MKS.L
Full Year Earnings Release Great Portland Estates PLC
Full Year Earnings Release GPOR.L
Pennon Group PLC PNN.L
Full Year Earnings Release Shaftesbury PLC SHB.L
Half Year Earnings Release Babcock International Group PLC Full Year Earnings Release BAB.L
Intertek Group PLC ITRK.L
Trading Statement Dixons Carphone PLC DC.L
Q4 Trading Statement Zoopla ZPLAZ.L
Half year results
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.