Aug 4 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening up 6 to 11 points on Thursday, according to financial bookmakers.
* The UK blue chip index closed down 0.2 percent at 6634.40 points on Wednesday, with weaker commodities and property-related stocks offsetting an HSBC-led HSBA.L rally in banking stocks. UK INTEREST RATE: The Bank of England is poised to cut interest rates for the first time since 2009 later on Thursday, as Britain's economy teeters on the brink of recession after June's vote to leave the European Union. HIKMA: Drugmaker Hikma Plc HIK.L said full-year core operating profit from its generics unit would be hurt by delayed approvals of new products and higher-than-expected costs. VODAFONE/LIBERTY GLOBAL: The European Commission authorised a joint venture in the Netherlands between British telecoms firm Vodafone Group Plc VOD.L and U.S. cable operator Liberty Global Plc LBTYA.O in exchange for concessions. LSE/ICE: Intercontinental Exchange Inc ICE.N was "fortunate" to have scrapped a potential counterbid for the London Stock Exchange LSE.L in May, ahead of Britain's vote to leave the European Union, the head of the New York Stock Exchange operator said on Wednesday. RIO TINTO: Rio Tinto 's RIO.AX RIO.L CEO said on Wednesday there was no progress for now on finding infrastructure financing for the massive Simandou iron ore project in Guinea even after more than 200 meetings with possible backers. BP: BP Plc BP.L is working to stop a malfunction at the wastewater treatment plant of its Whiting, Indiana refinery, which allowed greater-than-permitted amounts of industrial waste to go into Lake Michigan since last Friday, a company spokesman said on Wednesday. CAR REGISTRATION: British new car registrations fell marginally in July, the first time sales have fallen two months in a row for four and a half years, preliminary industry data covering the first full month since the Brexit vote showed on Thursday. EX-DIVS: BP BP.L , Relx REL.L , SABMiller SAB.L and Unilever ULVR.L will trade without entitlement to their latest dividend pay-out on Thursday, trimming 9.6 points off the FTSE 100, according to Reuters calculations For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: cpurl://apps.cp./cms/?pageId=livemarkets
* UK CORPORATE DIARY: Mondi (LON: MNDI ) Ltd
Half Year 2016 Mondi Ltd
Earnings Release Ladbrokes PLC
Half Year 2016 Ladbrokes PLC
Earnings Release RSA Insurance Group PLC
Half Year 2016 RSA Insurance
Group PLC Earnings Release Cobham PLC
Half Year 2016 Cobham PLC
Earnings Release Serco Group PLC
Half Year 2016 Serco Group
PLC Earnings Release RPS Group PLC
Half Year 2016 RPS Group PLC
Earnings Release Vitec Group PLC
Half Year 2016 Vitec Group
PLC Earnings Release Johnston Press PLC
Half Year 2016 Johnston Press
PLC Earnings Release Hill & Smith Holdings PLC HILS.L
Half Year 2016 Hill & Smith
Holdings PLC Earnings Release Pets at Home Group PLC
Q1 2017 Pets at Home Group
PLC Trading Statement Release Aviva PLC
Half Year 2016 Aviva PLC
Earnings Release Randgold Resources Ltd
Q2 2016 Randgold Resources
Ltd Earnings Release London Stock Exchange
Interim 2016 London Stock Group PLC
Exchange Group PLC Earnings
Release Inmarsat PLC
Q2 2016 Inmarsat PLC Earnings
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
PRESS/GB Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for:
* 3000 Xtra
: visit http://topnews.session.rservices.com
* For Top News : http://topnews.reuters.com
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.