U.K. shares higher at close of trade; Investing.com United Kingdom 100 up 0.77%
Investing.com – U.K. equities were higher at the close on Tuesday, as gains in the Automobiles & Parts , General Industrial and Aerospace & Defense sectors propelled shares higher.
At the close in London, the Investing.com United Kingdom 100 added 0.77%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Investing.com United Kingdom 100 were Marks and Spencer Group PLC (LON: MKS ), which rose 5.56% or 14.50 points to trade at 275.20 at the close. Next PLC (LON: NXT ) added 5.25% or 240.00 points to end at 4815.00 and Rolls-Royce Holdings PLC (LON: RR ) was up 4.99% or 40.40 points to 850.00 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Hikma Pharmaceuticals PLC (LON: HIK ), which lost 5.21% or 88.00 points to trade at 1599.50 in late trade. WM Morrison Supermarkets PLC (LON: MRW ) declined 3.21% or 7.05 points to end at 212.60 and Old Mutual Ltd (LON: OMU ) shed 3.11% or 3.94 points to 122.86.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 1431 to 650 and 286 ended unchanged on the London Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was down 0.34% or 4.45 to $1285.45 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in February rose 2.47% or 1.20 to hit $49.72 a barrel, while the March Brent oil contract rose 2.27% or 1.30 to trade at $58.63 a barrel.
GBP/USD was down 0.50% to 1.2714, while EUR/GBP rose 0.27% to 0.9000.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.28% at 95.493.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or