(Adds futures prices, company news items)
* The UK blue chip index closed up 2.8 percent at 6,298.92 points on Monday.
SAB MILLER SAB.L : SABMiller SAB.L , the brewing giant which is in talks about a potential takeover by rival Anheuser-Busch InBev ABI.BR , said growth accelerated in its second quarter with volumes up 2 percent.
EASYJET EZJ.L : EasyJet reported higher passenger figures for September.
BRITAIN/EU: Prime Minister David Cameron must hold a planned referendum on Britain's European Union membership as soon as possible or risk "accidental Brexit", the head of the Institute for Directors, a business lobby group, will say on Tuesday.
BETFAIR BETF.L : Betfair placed 8 million shares at 32.50 pounds.
GREGGS GRG.L : Britain's Greggs plc GRG.L posted a 4.9 percent rise in like-for-like sales in the 13 weeks to Oct. 3, helped by new products such as a spicy meatball melt baguette, and said its growth for the year would be slightly ahead of its forecasts.
HALMA HLMA.L : Halma buys Firetrace USA for $110.0 mln.
TED BAKER TED.L : Ted Baker said retail sales had risen 20 percent.
FOREIGN EXCHANGE PROBE: New York's banking regulator has questioned dozens of traders and executives at Credit Suisse Group AG CSGN.VX , Barclays BARC.L , Deutsche Bank DBKGn.DE and other banks about whether their electronic foreign exchange trading platforms were rigged, according to a person familiar with the matter.
ROYAL DUTCH SHELL RDSa.L /RENEWABLES: Clean renewable energy will struggle to replace fossil fuels as heavy industries will only gradually wean themselves off coal, oil and gas, Royal Dutch Shell Chief Executive Officer Ben van Beurden is set to say on Tuesday.
GLENCORE GLEN.L : Glencore Chief Executive Ivan Glasenberg said steep output cuts by copper miners will help lift prices in the next 18 months, in some of his first public comments since fears about commodities demand and the company's debt battered the company's shares.
BP BP.L : BP Plc BP.N will pay more than $20 billion in fines to resolve nearly all claims from its deadly Gulf of Mexico oil spill five years ago, marking the largest corporate settlement of its kind in U.S. history, Attorney General Loretta Lynch said on Monday.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.