U.K. shares lower at close of trade; Investing.com United Kingdom 100 down 3.34%
Investing.com – U.K. equities were lower at the close on Friday, as losses in the Real Estate Investment Trusts REITs , Real Estate and Life Insurance/Assurance sectors propelled shares lower.
At the close in London, the Investing.com United Kingdom 100 lost 3.34%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Investing.com United Kingdom 100 were Randgold Resources Ltd (LON: RRS ), which rose 14.18% or 915.00 points to trade at 7370.00 at the close. Fresnillo PLC (LON: FRES ) added 11.86% or 147.00 points to end at 1386.00 and ARM Holdings PLC (LON: ARM ) was up 5.99% or 61.00 points to 1080.00 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Taylor Wimpey PLC (LON: TW ), which lost 29.26% or 56.30 points to trade at 136.10 in late trade. Persimmon PLC (LON: PSN ) declined 27.55% or 578.00 points to end at 1520.00 and Barratt Developments PLC (LON: BDEV ) shed 23.84% or 137.700 points to 439.800.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 2140 to 320 and 98 ended unchanged on the London Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold for August delivery was up 4.73% or 59.70 to $1322.80 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August fell 4.61% or 2.31 to hit $47.80 a barrel, while the August Brent oil contract fell 4.67% or 2.38 to trade at $48.53 a barrel.
GBP/USD was down 8.81% to 1.3567, while EUR/GBP rose 7.08% to 0.8193.
The US Dollar Index was up 2.46% at 95.63.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or