At the close in Istanbul, the BIST 100 lost 0.88%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the BIST 100 were Karsan Otomotiv (IS: KARSN ), which rose 5.17% or 0.060 points to trade at 1.220 at the close. Turcas Petrol (IS: TRCAS ) added 4.00% or 0.070 points to end at 1.820 and Besiktas Futbol Yat. (IS: BJKAS ) was up 3.14% or 0.160 points to 5.260 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Alcatel Lucent Teletas Telekomunikasyon AS Class A (IS: ALCTL ), which lost 19.95% or 2.480 points to trade at 9.950 in late trade. Vakif Gmyo (IS: VKGYO ) declined 7.12% or 0.220 points to end at 2.870 and Park Elek. Madencilik (IS: PRKME ) shed 4.23% or 0.130 points to 2.940.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 246 to 109 and 50 ended unchanged on the Istanbul Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was up 0.20% or 2.55 to $1249.05 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in May fell 0.85% or 0.41 to hit $47.83 a barrel, while the May Brent oil contract fell 1.00% or 0.51 to trade at $50.45 a barrel.
USD/TRY was down 0.43% to 3.6176, while EUR/TRY fell 0.37% to 3.9116.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.13% at 99.42.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.