Turkey shares lower at close of trade; BIST 100 down 0.63%
Investing.com – Turkey equities were lower at the close on Friday, as losses in the Sports , Transport and Chemical, Petroleum & Plastic sectors propelled shares lower.
At the close in Istanbul, the BIST 100 declined 0.63% to hit a new 1-month low.
The biggest gainers of the session on the BIST 100 were Saf Gmyo (IS: SAFGY ), which rose 5.80% or 0.040 points to trade at 0.730 at the close. Tekfen Holding (IS: TKFEN ) added 3.16% or 0.21 points to end at 6.85 and Soda Sanayii (IS: SODA ) was up 2.67% or 0.130 points to 5.000 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Enka Insaat (IS: ENKAI ), which lost 6.05% or 0.28 points to trade at 4.35 in late trade. Besiktas Futbol Yat. (IS: BJKAS ) declined 4.79% or 0.24 points to end at 4.77 and Kardemir Karabuk Demir Celik Sanayi ve Ticaret D (IS: KRDMD ) shed 4.72% or 0.060 points to 1.210.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 239 to 96 and 70 ended unchanged on the Istanbul Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold for June delivery was up 0.07% or 0.85 to $1272.05 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June fell 0.99% or 0.46 to hit $46.24 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract fell 0.56% or 0.27 to trade at $47.81 a barrel.
USD/TRY was up 0.30% to 2.9678, while EUR/TRY fell 0.40% to 3.3544.
The US Dollar Index was up 0.62% at 94.69.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or