At the close in Istanbul, the BIST 100 fell 0.06% to hit a new 1-month low.
The biggest gainers of the session on the BIST 100 were Odas Elektrik (IS: ODAS ), which rose 4.82% or 0.530 points to trade at 11.530 at the close. Yazicilar Holding (IS: YAZIC ) added 3.73% or 0.76 points to end at 21.16 and Soda Sanayii (IS: SODA ) was up 3.31% or 0.200 points to 6.240 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Trabzonspor Sportif (IS: TSPOR ), which lost 2.20% or 0.060 points to trade at 2.670 in late trade. Besiktas Futbol Yat. (IS: BJKAS ) declined 1.92% or 0.100 points to end at 5.110 and Gozde Girisim (IS: GOZDE ) shed 1.86% or 0.040 points to 2.110.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 166 to 165 and 74 ended unchanged on the Istanbul Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was up 0.28% or 3.55 to $1257.55 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in May rose 1.47% or 0.74 to hit $50.98 a barrel, while the June Brent oil contract rose 1.75% or 0.93 to trade at $54.05 a barrel.
USD/TRY was up 0.57% to 3.6652, while EUR/TRY rose 0.51% to 3.9097.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.14% at 100.50.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.