Turkey shares lower at close of trade; BIST 100 down 0.01%
Investing.com – Turkey equities were lower at the close on Monday, as losses in the Leasing & Factoring , Telecoms and Real Estate Investments sectors propelled shares lower.
At the close in Istanbul, the BIST 100 declined 0.01%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the BIST 100 were Besiktas Futbol Yat. (IS: BJKAS ), which rose 4.95% or 0.24 points to trade at 5.09 at the close. Soda Sanayii (IS: SODA ) added 3.92% or 0.190 points to end at 5.040 and Odas Elektrik (IS: ODAS ) was up 3.49% or 0.210 points to 6.220 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Logo Yazilim (IS: LOGO ), which lost 2.30% or 1.200 points to trade at 51.000 in late trade. Kardemir Karabuk Demir Celik Sanayi ve Ticaret D (IS: KRDMD ) declined 2.10% or 0.030 points to end at 1.400 and Kartonsan (IS: KARTN ) shed 1.93% or 5.30 points to 269.20.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 171 to 157 and 82 ended unchanged on the Istanbul Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold for June delivery was down 0.19% or 2.30 to $1221.20 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in May fell 0.84% or 0.33 to hit $39.13 a barrel, while the June Brent oil contract fell 1.12% or 0.46 to trade at $40.57 a barrel.
USD/TRY was down 0.25% to 2.8681, while EUR/TRY fell 0.01% to 3.2154.
The US Dollar Index was down 0.26% at 95.92.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or