At the close in Istanbul, the BIST 100 declined 2.79% to hit a new 52-week low.
The biggest gainers of the session on the BIST 100 were Ulker Biskuvi Sanayi AS (IS: ULKER ), which rose 8.95% or 1.57 points to trade at 19.11 at the close. Turkiye Sise ve Cam Fabrikalari AS (IS: SISE ) added 4.32% or 0.180 points to end at 4.350 and Trakya Cam Sanayi AS (IS: TRKCM ) was up 3.73% or 0.150 points to 4.170 in late trade.
Biggest losers included SASA Polyester Sanayi AS (IS: SASA ), which lost 11.90% or 1.230 points to trade at 9.110 in late trade. Turk Hava Yollari AO (IS: THYAO ) declined 11.09% or 1.680 points to end at 13.470 and Kardemir Karabuk Demir Celik Sanayi ve Ticaret AS Class D (IS: KRDMD ) shed 9.19% or 0.420 points to 4.150.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 316 to 67 and 26 ended unchanged on the Istanbul Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was down 0.01% or 0.10 to $1302.90 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in July fell 0.73% or 0.48 to hit $65.47 a barrel, while the August Brent oil contract fell 1.20% or 0.93 to trade at $76.39 a barrel.
USD/TRY was up 0.01% to 4.4844, while EUR/TRY fell 0.28% to 5.2811.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.13% at 93.55.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.