At the close in Istanbul, the BIST 100 declined 2.16% to hit a new 3-month low.
The biggest gainers of the session on the BIST 100 were Koza Altin Isletmeleri AS (IS: KOZAL ), which rose 1.70% or 0.76 points to trade at 45.50 at the close. Besiktas Futbol Yatirimlari Sanayi ve Ticaret AS (IS: BJKAS ) added 1.67% or 0.060 points to end at 3.650 and Ford Otomotiv Sanayi AS (IS: FROTO ) was up 0.41% or 0.25 points to 61.30 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Dogan Sirketler Grubu Holding AS (IS: DOHOL ), which lost 11.76% or 0.160 points to trade at 1.200 in late trade. Galatasaray Sportif Sinai ve Ticari Yatirimlar AS (IS: GSRAY ) declined 9.36% or 0.22 points to end at 2.13 and Turkiye Halk Bankasi (IS: HALKB ) shed 9.10% or 0.88 points to 8.79.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 338 to 51 and 19 ended unchanged on the Istanbul Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was up 0.16% or 2.20 to $1342.30 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in May rose 2.84% or 1.80 to hit $65.22 a barrel, while the June Brent oil contract rose 2.87% or 1.97 to trade at $70.62 a barrel.
USD/TRY was up 0.82% to 4.1063, while EUR/TRY rose 0.99% to 5.0696.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.15% at 89.40.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.