Turkey shares lower at close of trade; BIST 100 down 0.84%
Investing.com – Turkey equities were lower at the close on Thursday, as losses in the Wood, Paper & Printing , Basic Metals and Insurance sectors propelled shares lower.
At the close in Istanbul, the BIST 100 lost 0.84%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the BIST 100 were Vestel Elektronik Sanayi ve Ticaret AS (IS: VESTL ), which rose 6.99% or 0.470 points to trade at 7.190 at the close. Koza Anadolu Metal Madencilik Isletmeleri AS (IS: KOZAA ) added 2.59% or 0.170 points to end at 6.740 and Aselsan Elektronik Sanayi ve Ticaret AS (IS: ASELS ) was up 1.83% or 0.48 points to 26.66 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Metro Ticari ve Mali Yatirimlar Holding AS (IS: METRO ), which lost 7.81% or 0.100 points to trade at 1.180 in late trade. Soda Sanayi AS (IS: SODA ) declined 4.18% or 0.240 points to end at 5.500 and Nurol Gayrimenkul Yatirim Ortakligi AS (IS: NUGYO ) shed 3.94% or 0.200 points to 4.880.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 254 to 111 and 40 ended unchanged on the Istanbul Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.85% or 10.91 to $1290.21 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in September fell 0.79% or 0.39 to hit $49.17 a barrel, while the October Brent oil contract fell 0.34% or 0.18 to trade at $52.52 a barrel.
USD/TRY was down 0.21% to 3.5305, while EUR/TRY fell 0.22% to 4.1523.
The US Dollar Index Futures was unchanged 0.00% at 93.41.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or