At the close in Istanbul, the BIST 100 declined 0.66%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the BIST 100 were ICBC Turkey Bank AS (IS: ICBCT ), which rose 7.94% or 0.320 points to trade at 4.350 at the close. Bizim Toptan Satis Magazalari AS (IS: BIZIM ) added 5.57% or 0.38 points to end at 7.20 and Gubre Fabrikalari TAS (IS: GUBRF ) was up 5.23% or 0.17 points to 3.42 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Tofas Turk Otomobil Fabrikasi AS (IS: TOASO ), which lost 7.88% or 1.64 points to trade at 19.16 in late trade. Soda Sanayi AS (IS: SODA ) declined 5.89% or 0.410 points to end at 6.550 and Koza Anadolu Metal Madencilik Isletmeleri AS (IS: KOZAA ) shed 4.93% or 0.320 points to 6.170.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 187 to 180 and 39 ended unchanged on the Istanbul Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was down 0.35% or 4.65 to $1317.45 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in March fell 2.55% or 1.41 to hit $53.85 a barrel, while the April Brent oil contract fell 1.34% or 0.84 to trade at $61.91 a barrel.
USD/TRY was up 0.18% to 5.2169, while EUR/TRY rose 0.02% to 5.9599.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.33% at 95.613.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.