At the close in Istanbul, the BIST 100 lost 0.46%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the BIST 100 were Eregli Demir ve Celik Fabrikalari TAS (IS: EREGL ), which rose 7.11% or 0.540 points to trade at 8.130 at the close. Coca-Cola Icecek AS (IS: CCOLA ) added 4.59% or 1.34 points to end at 30.56 and Yatas Yatak ve Yorgan Sanayi Ticaret AS (IS: YATAS ) was up 4.57% or 0.200 points to 4.580 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Tofas Turk Otomobil Fabrikasi AS (IS: TOASO ), which lost 6.03% or 1.17 points to trade at 18.23 in late trade. SASA Polyester Sanayi AS (IS: SASA ) declined 5.63% or 0.540 points to end at 9.050 and TAV Havalimanlari Holding (IS: TAVHL ) shed 4.52% or 1.06 points to 22.38.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 174 to 168 and 64 ended unchanged on the Istanbul Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was up 1.04% or 12.70 to $1238.70 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in January rose 3.30% or 1.68 to hit $52.61 a barrel, while the February Brent oil contract rose 3.14% or 1.87 to trade at $61.33 a barrel.
USD/TRY was up 1.06% to 5.2735, while EUR/TRY rose 1.39% to 5.9909.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.36% at 96.843.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.