Turkey shares lower at close of trade; BIST 100 down 0.18%
Investing.com – Turkey equities were lower at the close on Wednesday, as losses in the Information Technology , Textile & Leather and Banking sectors propelled shares lower.
At the close in Istanbul, the BIST 100 lost 0.18%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the BIST 100 were Metro Ticari ve Mali Yatirimlar Holding AS (IS: METRO ), which rose 5.26% or 0.040 points to trade at 0.800 at the close. Ege Endustri ve Ticaret AS (IS: EGEEN ) added 4.96% or 20.60 points to end at 436.10 and Tofas Turk Otomobil Fabrikasi AS (IS: TOASO ) was up 4.34% or 0.94 points to 22.60 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Gozde Girisim Sermayesi Yatirim Ortakligi AS (IS: GOZDE ), which lost 4.38% or 0.110 points to trade at 2.400 in late trade. Yatas Yatak ve Yorgan Sanayi Ticaret AS (IS: YATAS ) declined 3.68% or 0.130 points to end at 3.400 and Soda Sanayi AS (IS: SODA ) shed 3.40% or 0.250 points to 7.110.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 255 to 114 and 38 ended unchanged on the Istanbul Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.55% or 6.60 to $1208.80 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in October rose 2.09% or 1.45 to hit $70.70 a barrel, while the November Brent oil contract rose 0.77% or 0.61 to trade at $79.67 a barrel.
USD/TRY was down 1.08% to 6.3601, while EUR/TRY fell 0.93% to 7.3979.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.21% at 94.85.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or