Turkey shares higher at close of trade; BIST 100 up 3.48%
Investing.com – Turkey equities were higher at the close on Tuesday, as gains in the Metal Products & Machinery , Banking and Holdings & Investments sectors propelled shares higher.
At the close in Istanbul, the BIST 100 gained 3.48%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the BIST 100 were Vakiflar Bankasi (IS: VAKBN ), which rose 7.47% or 0.310 points to trade at 4.460 at the close. Migros Ticaret (IS: MGROS ) added 6.98% or 1.13 points to end at 17.32 and Koza Madencilik (IS: KOZAA ) was up 6.90% or 0.080 points to 1.240 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Saf Gmyo (IS: SAFGY ), which lost 5.26% or 0.050 points to trade at 0.900 in late trade. Alkim Kimya (IS: ALKIM ) declined 3.57% or 0.51 points to end at 13.79 and Soda Sanayii (IS: SODA ) shed 1.98% or 0.100 points to 4.960.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 265 to 84 and 57 ended unchanged on the Istanbul Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold for June delivery was down 1.63% or 20.45 to $1231.05 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in July rose 0.96% or 0.46 to hit $48.54 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract rose 0.46% or 0.22 to trade at $48.57 a barrel.
USD/TRY was down 1.72% to 2.9437, while EUR/TRY fell 2.39% to 3.2813.
The US Dollar Index was up 0.37% at 95.58.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or