At the close in Istanbul, the BIST 100 gained 1.40% to hit a new 6-month high.
The biggest gainers of the session on the BIST 100 were Turk Hava Yollari (IS: THYAO ), which rose 5.77% or 0.300 points to trade at 5.500 at the close. Metro Holding (IS: METRO ) added 5.49% or 0.050 points to end at 0.960 and Tekfen Holding (IS: TKFEN ) was up 4.63% or 0.33 points to 7.45 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Ihlas Holding (IS: IHLAS ), which lost 3.03% or 0.010 points to trade at 0.320 in late trade. Besiktas Futbol Yat. (IS: BJKAS ) declined 2.93% or 0.140 points to end at 4.640 and Otokar (IS: OTKAR ) shed 2.61% or 3.60 points to 134.50.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 221 to 114 and 71 ended unchanged on the Istanbul Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold for February delivery was down 0.12% or 1.45 to $1214.15 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in March rose 1.18% or 0.62 to hit $53.37 a barrel, while the March Brent oil contract rose 0.91% or 0.50 to trade at $55.73 a barrel.
USD/TRY was up 0.21% to 3.7647, while EUR/TRY rose 0.11% to 4.0503.
The US Dollar Index was up 0.09% at 100.04.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.