Turkey shares higher at close of trade; BIST 100 up 0.48%
Investing.com – Turkey equities were higher at the close on Tuesday, as gains in the Information Technology , Non-Metal Mineral Products and Wholesale & Retail Trade sectors propelled shares higher.
At the close in Istanbul, the BIST 100 rose 0.48%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the BIST 100 were Good-Year (IS: GOODY ), which rose 19.99% or 15.70 points to trade at 94.25 at the close. Logo Yazilim (IS: LOGO ) added 9.80% or 5.000 points to end at 56.000 and Goltas Cimento (IS: GOLTS ) was up 8.33% or 6.75 points to 87.80 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Net Turizm (IS: NTTUR ), which lost 2.56% or 0.040 points to trade at 1.520 in late trade. Ulker Biskuvi (IS: ULKER ) declined 2.31% or 0.50 points to end at 21.10 and Soda Sanayii (IS: SODA ) shed 2.18% or 0.110 points to 4.930.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 181 to 161 and 68 ended unchanged on the Istanbul Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold for June delivery was up 0.56% or 6.90 to $1228.90 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in May fell 3.17% or 1.25 to hit $38.14 a barrel, while the June Brent oil contract fell 2.74% or 1.12 to trade at $39.75 a barrel.
USD/TRY was down 0.17% to 2.8639, while EUR/TRY fell 0.13% to 3.2083.
The US Dollar Index was down 0.09% at 95.90.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or