At the close in Istanbul, the BIST 100 gained 0.28%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the BIST 100 were Besiktas Futbol Yat. (IS: BJKAS ), which rose 8.74% or 0.340 points to trade at 4.230 at the close. Koza Madencilik (IS: KOZAA ) added 5.61% or 0.120 points to end at 2.260 and Ipek Dogal Enerji (IS: IPEKE ) was up 5.37% or 0.110 points to 2.160 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Ihlas Holding (IS: IHLAS ), which lost 3.70% or 0.010 points to trade at 0.260 in late trade. Metro Holding (IS: METRO ) declined 3.23% or 0.030 points to end at 0.900 and Dogus Otomotiv (IS: DOAS ) shed 2.23% or 0.19 points to 8.32.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 237 to 99 and 71 ended unchanged on the Istanbul Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold for February delivery was down 1.17% or 13.75 to $1164.05 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in January rose 0.48% or 0.25 to hit $51.93 a barrel, while the February Brent oil contract rose 0.90% or 0.49 to trade at $54.95 a barrel.
USD/TRY was up 0.71% to 3.5445, while EUR/TRY rose 1.17% to 3.8018.
The US Dollar Index was down 0.27% at 100.48.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.