At the close in Istanbul, the BIST 100 gained 0.21%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the BIST 100 were Garanti Bankasi (IS: GARAN ), which rose 2.97% or 0.28 points to trade at 9.70 at the close. Turkiye Vakiflar Bankasi TAO (IS: VAKBN ) added 2.43% or 0.140 points to end at 5.900 and T. Halk Bankasi (IS: HALKB ) was up 1.83% or 0.20 points to 11.13 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Besiktas Futbol Yat. (IS: BJKAS ), which lost 2.79% or 0.140 points to trade at 4.880 in late trade. Park Elek. Madencilik (IS: PRKME ) declined 2.78% or 0.070 points to end at 2.450 and Tumosan Motor Ve Traktor (IS: TMSN ) shed 2.36% or 0.170 points to 7.040.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 235 to 114 and 56 ended unchanged on the Istanbul Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was up 0.89% or 11.35 to $1289.65 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in May fell 0.41% or 0.22 to hit $52.89 a barrel, while the June Brent oil contract rose 0.02% or 0.01 to trade at $55.64 a barrel.
USD/TRY was up 0.66% to 3.6869, while EUR/TRY rose 0.64% to 3.9188.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.43% at 100.49.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.