At the close in Istanbul, the BIST 100 rose 3.51%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the BIST 100 were EIS Eczacibasi Ilac Sinai ve Finansal Yatirimlar Sanayi ve Ticaret AS (IS: ECILC ), which rose 19.88% or 0.640 points to trade at 3.860 at the close. Turkiye Halk Bankasi (IS: HALKB ) added 12.13% or 0.77 points to end at 7.12 and Akbank TAS (IS: AKBNK ) was up 7.81% or 0.51 points to 7.04 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Ford Otomotiv Sanayi AS (IS: FROTO ), which lost 2.00% or 1.20 points to trade at 58.70 in late trade. Erbosan Erciyas Boru Sanayi Ve Ticaret AS (IS: ERBOS ) declined 0.72% or 0.55 points to end at 76.20 and Tofas Turk Otomobil Fabrikasi AS (IS: TOASO ) shed 0.55% or 0.12 points to 21.52.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 330 to 51 and 26 ended unchanged on the Istanbul Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was up 0.22% or 2.70 to $1228.20 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in September rose 1.46% or 1.00 to hit $69.52 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract rose 0.93% or 0.68 to trade at $74.12 a barrel.
USD/TRY was down 1.04% to 4.8352, while EUR/TRY fell 1.18% to 5.6460.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.01% at 94.38.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.