Turkey shares higher at close of trade; BIST 100 up 3.22%
Investing.com – Turkey equities were higher at the close on Monday, as gains in the Leasing & Factoring , Sports and Tourism sectors propelled shares higher.
At the close in Istanbul, the BIST 100 added 3.22%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the BIST 100 were Fenerbahce Futbol AS (IS: FENER ), which rose 18.29% or 6.98 points to trade at 45.14 at the close. ODAS Elektrik Uretim Sanayi Ticaret AS (IS: ODAS ) added 16.59% or 0.690 points to end at 4.850 and Alkim Alkali Kimya AS (IS: ALKIM ) was up 13.30% or 2.50 points to 21.30 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Soda Sanayi AS (IS: SODA ), which lost 2.17% or 0.120 points to trade at 5.420 in late trade. Metro Ticari ve Mali Yatirimlar Holding AS (IS: METRO ) declined 0.94% or 0.010 points to end at 1.050 and ENKA Insaat ve Sanayi AS (IS: ENKAI ) shed 0.21% or 0.010 points to 4.670.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 347 to 32 and 26 ended unchanged on the Istanbul Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was down 0.46% or 6.00 to $1297.70 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in July fell 1.94% or 1.32 to hit $66.56 a barrel, while the August Brent oil contract fell 1.35% or 1.03 to trade at $75.44 a barrel.
USD/TRY was down 2.73% to 4.5778, while EUR/TRY fell 2.85% to 5.3258.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.15% at 94.35.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or