At the close in Istanbul, the BIST 100 gained 1.28%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the BIST 100 were Koza Anadolu Metal Madencilik Isletmeleri AS (IS: KOZAA ), which rose 14.55% or 0.800 points to trade at 6.300 at the close. Ipek Dogal Enerji Kaynaklari Arastirma ve Uretim AS (IS: IPEKE ) added 10.58% or 0.510 points to end at 5.330 and Bizim Toptan Satis Magazalari AS (IS: BIZIM ) was up 5.16% or 0.43 points to 8.76 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Tesco Kipa Kitle Pazarlama Ticaret Lojistik ve Gida Sanayi AS (IS: KIPA ), which lost 7.58% or 0.320 points to trade at 3.900 in late trade. Metro Ticari ve Mali Yatirimlar Holding AS (IS: METRO ) declined 1.87% or 0.020 points to end at 1.050 and TAV Havalimanlari Holding (IS: TAVHL ) shed 1.77% or 0.44 points to 24.40.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 232 to 126 and 51 ended unchanged on the Istanbul Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was down 0.36% or 4.80 to $1319.20 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in April fell 1.71% or 1.06 to hit $60.98 a barrel, while the May Brent oil contract fell 1.47% or 0.96 to trade at $64.53 a barrel.
USD/TRY was up 0.91% to 3.8477, while EUR/TRY rose 1.04% to 4.7431.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.14% at 89.98.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.