At the close in Istanbul, the BIST 100 added 1.16%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the BIST 100 were Tesco Kipa Kitle Pazarlama Ticaret Lojistik ve Gida Sanayi AS (IS: KIPA ), which rose 19.60% or 0.390 points to trade at 2.380 at the close. Kiler Gayrimenkul Yatirim Ortakligi AS (IS: KLGYO ) added 10.10% or 0.210 points to end at 2.290 and SASA Polyester Sanayi AS (IS: SASA ) was up 8.30% or 0.800 points to 10.440 in late trade.
Biggest losers included TAV Havalimanlari Holding (IS: TAVHL ), which lost 2.79% or 0.76 points to trade at 26.44 in late trade. Kardemir Karabuk Demir Celik Sanayi ve Ticaret AS Class D (IS: KRDMD ) declined 2.12% or 0.090 points to end at 4.160 and Cemtas Celik Makina Sanayi ve Ticaret AS (IS: CEMTS ) shed 1.46% or 0.090 points to 6.060.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 251 to 94 and 62 ended unchanged on the Istanbul Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was up 0.41% or 5.00 to $1229.00 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in September fell 0.26% or 0.18 to hit $68.06 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract rose 0.36% or 0.26 to trade at $72.84 a barrel.
USD/TRY was down 0.27% to 4.7959, while EUR/TRY rose 0.27% to 5.6180.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.65% at 94.36.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.