At the close in Istanbul, the BIST 100 rose 1.14%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the BIST 100 were Turkiye Halk Bankasi (IS: HALKB ), which rose 7.96% or 0.79 points to trade at 10.71 at the close. Kardemir Karabuk Demir Celik Sanayi ve Ticaret AS Class D (IS: KRDMD ) added 7.56% or 0.180 points to end at 2.560 and Akenerji Elektrik Uretim AS (IS: AKENR ) was up 7.32% or 0.060 points to 0.880 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Besiktas Futbol Yatirimlari Sanayi ve Ticaret AS (IS: BJKAS ), which lost 2.62% or 0.110 points to trade at 4.090 in late trade. TAV Havalimanlari Holding (IS: TAVHL ) declined 2.56% or 0.54 points to end at 20.56 and Erbosan Erciyas Boru Sanayi Ve Ticaret AS (IS: ERBOS ) shed 1.93% or 1.55 points to 78.70.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 255 to 96 and 51 ended unchanged on the Istanbul Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was up 0.09% or 1.10 to $1249.50 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in January rose 0.54% or 0.31 to hit $57.67 a barrel, while the February Brent oil contract rose 1.56% or 0.99 to trade at $64.39 a barrel.
USD/TRY was down 0.36% to 3.8220, while EUR/TRY fell 0.13% to 4.5124.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.13% at 93.72.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.