At the close in Istanbul, the BIST 100 added 1.02%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the BIST 100 were Sekerbank TAS (IS: SKBNK ), which rose 19.59% or 0.190 points to trade at 1.160 at the close. ICBC Turkey Bank AS (IS: ICBCT ) added 14.42% or 1.090 points to end at 8.650 and Koza Anadolu Metal Madencilik Isletmeleri AS (IS: KOZAA ) was up 5.38% or 0.360 points to 7.050 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Turcas Petrol AS (IS: TRCAS ), which lost 4.35% or 0.070 points to trade at 1.540 in late trade. Arcelik AS (IS: ARCLK ) declined 3.21% or 0.51 points to end at 15.39 and Vakif Gayrimenkul Yatirim Ortakligi AS (IS: VKGYO ) shed 2.49% or 0.050 points to 1.960.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 231 to 128 and 49 ended unchanged on the Istanbul Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.18% or 2.20 to $1223.00 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in January fell 0.27% or 0.15 to hit $56.31 a barrel, while the January Brent oil contract fell 1.05% or 0.70 to trade at $66.06 a barrel.
USD/TRY was down 0.10% to 5.3268, while EUR/TRY rose 0.21% to 6.1052.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.30% at 96.04.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.