At the close in Istanbul, the BIST 100 gained 0.99% to hit a new all time high.
The biggest gainers of the session on the BIST 100 were Turk Telekomunikasyon AS (IS: TTKOM ), which rose 6.96% or 0.44 points to trade at 6.76 at the close. Hurriyet Gazetecilik ve Matbaacilik AS (IS: HURGZ ) added 6.14% or 0.070 points to end at 1.210 and ICBC Turkey Bank AS (IS: ICBCT ) was up 5.84% or 0.250 points to 4.530 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Global Yatirim Holding AS (IS: GLYHO ), which lost 2.74% or 0.130 points to trade at 4.620 in late trade. SASA Polyester Sanayi AS (IS: SASA ) declined 1.54% or 0.190 points to end at 12.180 and Anel Elektrik Proje Taahhut ve Ticaret AS (IS: ANELE ) shed 1.53% or 0.060 points to 3.870.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 260 to 90 and 53 ended unchanged on the Istanbul Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was up 0.40% or 5.30 to $1337.20 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in March rose 1.54% or 0.98 to hit $64.55 a barrel, while the March Brent oil contract rose 1.51% or 1.04 to trade at $70.07 a barrel.
USD/TRY was up 0.07% to 3.7772, while EUR/TRY rose 0.27% to 4.6437.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.22% at 89.95.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.